[sc34wg3] WG3 agenda for London meeting

Ann Wrightson sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:11:53 -0000

Steve,

This agenda looks OK to me, even though I will probably have difficulty
getting there on Friday.

Ann W.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Pepper [mailto:pepper@ontopia.net]=20
Sent: 24 March 2003 10:06
To: sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Subject: [sc34wg3] WG3 agenda for London meeting

I'm putting together the agenda for the London meeting, attempting to
accomodate various requests I have received, and would like feedback as
soon as possible if any of the following presents problems for anyone.

In Baltimore we agreed to four days of meetings, from Friday May 2nd to
Monday May 5th. I know some people object to spending so much time, but
we have such a lot to get through that I don't see any reasonable
alternative to following the decision taken at the last meeting. The
discussions on the mailing list, while very useful, have not resulted in
the kind of substantive progress and consensus that would allow us to
use the F2F for simply approving decisions taken by email.

I have therefore set up the following provisional agenda, which will be
sent to ISO in the next day or so unless I hear major objections.

Friday May 2nd
--------------
AM
   Welcome and Approval of Agenda
   Roadmap and Timetable of Work
    - general discussion
PM
   XTM (syntax and deserialization specifications)
   HyTM (syntax and deserialization specifications) [Martin's request]
   SAM issues (if time remains)

Saturday May 3rd
----------------
AM
   SC34 Plenary
   TMCL - requirements                              [Mary's request]
PM
   RM session - introduction and discussion         [Patrick's request]

Sunday May 4th
--------------
AM
   SAM - remaining issues
PM
   Canonicalization syntax and conformance

Monday May 5th
All day
   TMQL workshop - requirements, presentation of proposals, discussion

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net> Convenor,
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps) Ontopia AS, Waldemar