[sc34wg3] TNC backward compatibility

05 Mar 2003 10:48:32 +0100

* Nikita Ogievetsky

| 2)
| If base name's type is a controlled vocabulary,
| should the TNC be turned on along scope axis or controlled vocabulary?

If you'd read the SAM you'd see that it says that the merging rule is
the same as it was before. That is, scopes must be equal for topic
characteristics to be merged, and the merging is done per controlled
vocabulary.

| In other words, which of the following (if any) should be merged:
| [...]

So none of your examples would merge as section 5.4 of the SAM
currently stands.

| I think that we had never discussed this.

Correct.

| 3)
| Should TNC be turned on for occurrence elements if they are of controlled
| vocabulary type?

That's what section 5.4 says. It also applies to associatons.

| Hope that I was sufficiently clear.

You were. :)