[sc34wg3] Draft Minutes from Baltimore: 6-9 December 2003

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:08:09 +0100

At 07:13 07.01.2003 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>I have made some minor corrections, names spelled correctly, etc. but this
>remains a very rough draft of the minutes of our meetings.

Thanks, Patrick. I appreciate very much all the work that went into
collecting these notes and I think they are very useful - especially for
those who were not present - as a reminder of the kinds of discussions we
were having. However, I think it is probably rather futile to try and get
them into a shape that would justify approving them as minutes. I would
rather see them split into two parts:

- formal minutes that just record the decisions actually taken (most, but
not all, of which relate to the resolution of SAM issues), and
- informal notes that attempt to capture some of the discussion, but with
no claim to either complete accuracy or objectivity.

It is in the nature of the kind of discussions SC34 must have that they
cannot (and probably should not :) be captured in their entirety.

What do others think?

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)