[sc34wg3] Topic Maps land and SAM land

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:08:31 -0500 (EST)

> * Sam Hunting
> |
> | I have never had problems with the original (Berlin) roadmap,
> | frankly, so far as the substance of it goes.
>
> Excellent! That's useful to know, so thanks for saying it explicitly.
> Would be wonderful if it turned out that that's what most people
> think, because then we could get back to work straight away.

Well, again, il faut cultiver notre jardin. My view FWIW is that "getting
back to work" or not is orthogonal to the question of what the roadmap is,
since the substance of our text*s* will be the same regardless of its
editorial arrangement. And the opportunity cost of working on the roadmap,
to me, at least, work that needs to be done on the text.

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

Co-Editor, ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps

Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.