[sc34wg3] A new idea for the Topic Maps standard

Anthony B. Coates sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:09:29 GMT

** Reply to message from Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no> on 05 Feb
2003 15:39:03 +0100

> I am very much in favour of this, and have already discussed with
> Peter van Dijck whether to create an official XFML-to-SAM mapping to
> be published on the XFML site, complete with published subjects. He is
> in favour, and we will probably do this before very long.

I would think that the existence of a complete mapping from xxxML to SAM *or*
XTM would qualify xxxML as a "Topic Map compatible ML".  Mind you, you could
use that to make almost any ML "Topic Map compatible", but that wouldn't
necessarily be a bad thing.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
Reuters Messaging: abcoates.londonmarketsystems.com@reuters.net
====
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language), http://www.mddl.org/