[sc34wg3] The interpretation of facets

27 Apr 2003 11:56:13 +0200

* Lars Marius Garshol

| Right. What would integration mean, in these two cases? These are
| specifications written by people outside ISO, so how would we
| "integrate" these with topic maps? Do you mean to define a mapping
| from these syntaxes to the RM (or SAM), or do you mean something
| more?

* Michel Biezunski

| One of the purpose of TMM/RM is to be able to express them as full
| topic maps, even if they contain assertion types that are not part
| of the SAM.

That's not an answer to the question, unfortunately. Do you mean that
integration is to express a mapping from NewsML/RSS to the RM? If so,
what value do you believe that offers?

I should add that there's no reason why NewsML and RSS cannot be
expressed using the SAM. The TMSS proposal from Bond University is
pretty much RSS-in-SAM.