[sc34wg3] Draft Reference Model

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:13:20 -0500 (EST)

On 15 Nov 2002, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> * Sam Hunting
> |
> | I will attempt to answer your questions (and also to enter them into
> | an issues list like that kept by Lars for the SAM.
>
> In that case, I hereby offer to:
>
>  - share ontology with you, based on published subjects, so that we
>    can merge our topic maps properly, and
>
>  - host your topic map as part of tm-standards.xtm in the demo
>    Omnigator (and thus also in the bot on the IRC channel).
>
> If you're interested, let's talk off-list about how to do it
> practically.

Yes, I am, thank you -- but we'll have to talk offline about details and
timing (Baltimore feels all to close. As an event, I mean, not as
geographic location.)

> | This will be useful not only during the discussion of the RM proper,
> | but during the discussion of the SAM, in case it turns out that the
> | RM has a clarifying effect on this or that point.)
>
> Very much agreed.

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

"Turn your searching experience into a finding experience."(tm)

Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.