[sc34wg3] a new name for the Reference Model

Anthony B. Coates sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:04:00 GMT

** Reply to message from "Steven R. Newcomb" <srn@coolheads.com> on 30 Dec 2002
17:38:49 -0600

> So what should be the new name of the RM?  I'm hereby
> proposing "TM Modeling Principles".  We'll "test drive"
> this name in the next iteration of the RM, to see if
> we like it.

Forgive me for saying this, but I think "TM Modeling Principles" undersells
what it is.  I think it has a lot more substance than being just a set of
principles.  I would suggest something along the lines of "TM Canonical
Metamodel".

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/
FpML AWG Member (Financial Products Markup Language)
http://www.fpml.org/