[sc34wg3] work schedule - "TM Modeling Principles" (nee "Reference Model")

Steven R. Newcomb sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
30 Dec 2002 17:39:05 -0600

Dear WG3-ites,

I want you to know the schedule of work that we expect
to complete between now and the London meeting in May,
on what we're now calling "TM Modeling Principles" (was
"Reference Model (RM)").  This schedule will be
modified and extended as specific items are completed
or new items (and target dates) become apparent.

January 2003:

  Current draft of "TM Modeling Principles" will be
  posted and submitted to SC34.

February 2003:

  Updated "TM Modeling Principles" released.

  A "straw-man" version of the SAM, expressed in "TM
  Modeling Principles" terms, will be posted.  I
  believe this will help us achieve consensus, because
  it will be a tool we can use to illustrate for each
  other the design choices that have been hardest for
  us to communicate about efficiently.

March 2003:

  Updated "TM Modeling Principles" and straw-man "SAM
  in TM Modeling Principles Terms" will be posted and
  submitted to SC34.

  Lists of SAM and TM Modeling Principles issues will
  be posted and submitted to SC34 as issues for
  discussion at the London meeting.

April 2003:

  Updated "TM Modeling Principles" and "SAM in TM
  Modeling Principles Terms" will be posted.

  Working summaries of SAM/TM Modeling Principles
  issues with comments, and contributions (primarily
  for ease of reference/discussion) will be posted.

May 2003:

  Meeting in London.  See you there!

***

Inspired by the SAM's editors, we'll be keeping track
of the issues you raise in a way that we hope you will
find convenient and useful.  (More about that later.)
As always, comments and contributions to documents
should be posted to the sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
mailing list.

-- Steve

Steven R. Newcomb, Project Co-editor