[sc34wg3] Status of TM activities

17 Dec 2001 16:01:45 +0100

Hi Christian,

This request is not really appropriate for this list, which is an
internal working list for WG3, so the question would have been better
placed on the topicmapmail list that Michel Biezunski runs. In fact,
you shouldn't even have been allowed to post this. I don't know why
your posting went through. (All this just FYI.)

* Christian Wohlgensinger

| Is it possible to get any update about the status of TopicMap
| related work within ISO?
| Are there any planed activities?

The Orlando meeting of SC34 WG3 defined a roadmap for its further
work, which is currently being reviewed by the individual WG3 members.
It will be posted publicly once they've had some days to chew on it.
That document should probably tell you what you need to know.

| Will XTM (or a changed version of it) become an official ISO
| standard?

The DTD has already been included in the ISO standard (see the
announcement by Michel Biezunski on topicmapmail). The roadmap will
show how complete integration of XTM with the original ISO standard
will be done.

| How about the liaison with OASIS?

It's now approved and operating.

| Is there a timeline?

No official timeline, but we expect to have substantial drafts of the
first two working documents mentioned in the roadmap by Barcelona.

| I`m sure, that those information are of interest to any party
| investing in Topic Maps.

Absolutely, which is another reason to have this discussion on
topicmapmail. :-)

--Lars M.