[sc34wg3] Agenda for August 11th

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:38:57 +0200

To judge by the (limited) feedback I have received to my call for agenda
suggestions, it seems that there is general agreement that our top priority
should be the [data|foundational|processing] model (delete as applicable),
hereinafter, the "foo" model.

At the same time, there is a desire on the part of the editors of TMQL and
TMCL to get some feedback on the work done since Berlin.

I propose therefore that we allocate an hour of discussion time to each of
TMQL and TMCL, and then devote the rest of the meeting to matters directly
related to 13250, and in particular the "foo" model.

It would seem to make sense to get TMQL and TMCL out of the way first, so
I propose the following agenda:

1030-1100  Break

1100-1200  TMCL [Pepper]
    * Discussion of draft requirements document and comments received;
      proposal to appoint Rafal Ksiezyk (Poland) as co-editor.
      http://www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0226.htm

1200-1230 ISO 13250 - Topic Maps [Biezunski, Bryan, Newcomb]
    * Defect Report from Japan
      http://www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0238.htm

1230-1400 Lunch

1400-1700 ISO 13250 - Topic Maps [Biezunski, Bryan, Newcomb]
    * Topic Map "foo" model discussion
      - Agreement on terminology (data model, foundational model,
        processing model)
      - Official status as formal work item for the TM "foo" model
      - Requirements for a TM "foo" model
      - Initial evaluation of current proposals against agreed requirements
      http://www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0235.htm
      http://www.topicmaps.net/pmtm4.htm
      http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/proc-model.html

1700-1730 Conclusion. Action items.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Montréal,

Steve

--
Steve Pepper
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3